Saturday 19 April 2008

My garden today.






The weather here is still cold, damp and windy. The spring has not really started yet. The bees are still not out and I have to say I am a little worried. Nature I know must take its course. Its a time thing, I must wait and see.

Walked the garden, wrapped in a huge coat with the hood up.

The chives and thyme are doing well. I love the flowers of both of these chopped in salads, makes it really tasty. The strawberries (alpines) are flowering well and just need my bees to pollenate them. Roses are healthy, and the ferns are just started to appear. Come on sunshine where are you. The saying goes "The sun shines on the righteous." I must have been really naughty at some point because it sure isn't shining on me!!!

9 comments:

Q said...

Dear Cheryl,
Your gardens have 100 times more blooms already than mine! I love seeing the wild flowers. It is wet and chilly at my house too.
I am holding loving bee thoughts...
The sun is staying behind the clouds because of the mean farmer near you! LOL
Happy Full Pink Moon.
Sherry

Rose said...

Oh, Cheryl, the sun will come soon. I think we are sending it your way; it is cloudy and rainy here today.
What lovely photos! If it is not spring there yet, you certainly have a lot of blooms and green growth nevertheless.

Dawny P said...

I must have been naughty too Cheryl - it sure isn't shining here today!!! In fact, I went to see my friend earlier and I said to her that I just could not seem to get warm today. I fully intended to have an hour in the garden but the craft room seemed so much warmer and appealing and so that's where I ended up. Never mind, it won't be too long before the sun arrives (maybe???). Hope you are well and I just love that blog banner. It is one of my favourites - I can almost smell that lovely fresh air xx

Cheryl said...

You could be right Sherry, mean old farmer. I like that.
Tku for your loving bee thoughts.

Yes lots of growth Rose but it is soooooooo chilly.

Hi Dawny hope all the family is well and happy. It is so cold, you did the right thing staying in the crafting room. Have fun.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Don't despair cheryl. The sun will be shining before you know it and the world will appear rosie.
Love seeing your ferns unfurling. It is chilly here today too. It drizzled rain all day. UGH... We could use a warm dry spell.

Cheryl said...

Tku Lisa for your kind words. Yes the worries of today soon become a distant memory.

Libbys Blog said...

Winter is reluctant to let go, but I do think Spring is fighting back, theres an awful lot of goings on in the garden that wouldn't happen if winter was winning!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl said...

You are right Libby, tks for that.

kate said...

I am hoping that your bees make an appearance soon. They are probably waiting for warmer, sunny days - you will have them soon!